Our Home

Friday, June 3, 2011

4th of July Mantel...

So I love anything Red, White and Blue.  I have decorated both of my boys' nurseries with these colors.  I love anything patriotic and if my hubby would have let me our master bedroom, would be....can you guess it...YEP....Red, White and Blue - with a Patriotic flare!

My boys are getting older and the colors in the nursery  are just not working anymore (subject to change in the near future to a BIG BOY room), so I decided to "Rob" my youngest son's bedroom and take all of the decorations out and use it on my fireplace mantel to get in the Patriotic mood for the 4th of July.

This is what I came up with....hope you enjoy...

I wasn't sure between the larger framed flag, or God Bless America?  I think the larger flag fills the space better...what do you think?

 
Somewhat Simple


 My mom painted this mason jar back in 2002 for me, it has three bird houses on it, but I love the patriotic one....duh...hee hee
 I picked up these cute little stars at Joann Fabrics on sale 40% off...SCORE!  I just love them. 
 

So do I leave the God Bless America in front of the fireplace or leave as is and hang the framed flag on the wall (see picture below?)   I'd love your input.  It doesn't WOW me yet...something is missing and I'm not quite sure yet what that is.  Too much white from the fireplace?  Hmmmm....
Happy Day - Heather
I'm Hookin' Up with...
HookingupwithHoH

and...
My Repurposed Life

No comments: