Our Home

Thursday, January 8, 2009

DECEMBER 10th, 2008 - Christmas....

Hey Everyone, well you are probably wondering if I fell off the face of the earth? Well I sure do feel like I have. It's been a rough month let me tell you....

December 10th, 2008
Brett and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary. We went to dinner at our favorite restaurant "Scott's" (no pun intended) in Mountlake Terrace. It was sooo good! Brett gave me an early Christmas present...front row seats for two to watch the Seahawks against The Jets ( my BOY BRETT FAVRE!!!!)....and I got my own Green Bay Packers Jersey!!!

Sunday, December 21st, 2008
The day of the game the 21st of December, it was snowing like a B***H here! I took "Brett's Jamie" with me, we drove in with Brett (he worked the game) and had breakfast and then the stadium opened up at 11 am. We got to our seats just as my Boy Brett was warming up...then all hell broke lose...I got the dreaded phone call.....

My office was raining!!! Mitchell had gone into the office (which we normally keep locked from him when we are not at home) and saw the water pouring out of the ceiling... We had three pipes burst in our brand new office (my side only) and the garage....thank god I have the best nieghbors and friends ever...and they came to our rescue...thanks Andy, Shahram, Dave, and Brett's childhood friend Ryan (burst pipe fixer!!!)....

Since Brett was working we couldn't get home...I tried really hard to enjoy the game but my mind was elsewhere thinking of my poor scrapbook room, photos, albums, etc. I had just got my office complete and had posted it on "Rate My Space" http://www.roomzaar.com/rate-my-space/Girls-Rooms/My-Scrapbook-Haven/detail.esi?oid=1439130

After we got home - around 8 pm that night....we had to face the music. I didn't want to go in there as I was afraid of what I'd find. Luckily my photos/albums were not touched - thank god my laptop was upstairs (see the photos of the office - where the laptop sits is where the water was pouring in) - I would have lost my computer....

I tended to the office with the carpet cleaner sucking up water, it was no use it kept coming and coming - 10 buckets later and it was still a few inches of water in the carpet. Brett tended to the garage (I did not go in there) until the next morning.

We were up till midnight doing damage control.

Monday, December 22nd, 2008
The next morning Brett went and rented a UHAUL moving van. It was my first time in the garage and it was worse than I expected. All the sheet rock was saturated and all of our shelving completely full had ripped out of the walls and everything came crashing down to the middle of the garage, everything was soaking wet....

My mom had just brought hers and my real dad's china to me and it was on the floor in the garage and a few pieces got broken (40 years old) I was devastated...I lost it I started to cry hysterically....the more I dug in, the more damage I found. My first task - get everything out of that garage, the top shelf had not crashed yet and we had about 20 gallons of paint on that shelf and if it came crashing we'd have lost everything.

Bless our neighbors Ronnie and David who were gracious enough to come help us load everything into the moving van - did I say that we have the BEST neighbors!!!!

That night Service Master sent a crew out for damage....they set up I think 9 blowers and 2 dehumidifiers, to dry everything out. Those were set up 24/7 for 1 week (so excited to see my power bill)

So now we are two days out from Christmas....we have 12" of snow on the ground.

Tuesday, December 23rd, 2008
Brett had a Dr. Apt scheduled for his hernia and to go over his results from his Colonoscopy that he had on the 18th...the hernia had gotten worse due to him moving everything into the moving van...she wanted to do surgery right away....

Wednesday, December 24th, 2008 - CHRISTMAS EVE
6:00 am we are on our way to Northwest Hospital for Brett's surgery...Yep...we spent our Christmas Eve in the hospital, Brett made it with flying colors. He was released around 1 pm and I was freaking out all morning that I was going to have to drive in the snow (which I DO NOT DO) and thank goodness it was raining and the roads were clear!

Thursday, December 25th, 2008 - CHRISTMAS
Easton's first Christmas, I wish I could say it was the best holiday ever but it wasn't. I was extremely depressed over the water damage, my house looked like a missile had gone off in it, I had spent 3 weeks cleaning and preparing for family to arrive (which they didn't due to the snow) only to have to deal with the pipes, Brett's surgery and spending the holidays without my extended family and I hate clutter to no end to the point I get anxiety about it.

We tried to make the best of it, but we got another 8" of snow that night and so we were in lock down all day. I made breakfast for the boys and we watched movies and hung out. I still could not shake this depression I was having or the anxiety.

No comments: