Our Home

Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Day of Thrifting with Mitchell...

On Friday 3/11/2011 - (my day off), my older son Mitchell and I went thrifting.  We started at 9 am and didn't get home until almost 5 pm.  Our first stop was to pick up a cute unfinished pine hutch that I found on Craigslist - it's going to be my first furniture refinish project - stay tuned!

Then we hit Value Village and a cute little thrift store in Kirkland, then we headed to Bellevue and hit Goowill and another small thrift store, then headed over 520 to Shoreline and went to Desert Industries (which I'm figuring out on other peoples blogs as DI---AHHH Light dawns on marble head).  Then we drove up I-5 to Edmonds and hit the Value Village there, and our last and final spot was Value Village in Everett.

Here are a few photos of the "loot", I think I got carried away, but the deals were too good to pass up.


It was a great day and I got TONS of great buys....Here are my favorite finds....

I've recently taking a lovin' to Owls...I found this cute little guy and had to have him for my bathroom.  I was going to paint him all white, but he is just way to cute "as is".  $5.00.  I know a little on the pricey side but he will look great in my newly redecorated bathroom.

 
This was one of the more expensive pieces I purchased $9.99, but I just had to have it since it matches my newly redecorated bathroom...stay tuned for the reveal this week. 
I have been trying to find one of these for months, and then finally at DI I found one for $5.00.  I can't wait to do this project I found it on Allison's blog House of Hepworths.  Thanks Allison



No comments: