Our Home

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Easter Mantle...

Well I've never been one to decorate for the holidays other than Halloween, Fall and of course Christmas.  I went into a TJ Maxx the other day and came across a bunch of cute and inexpensive Easter decorations.  I decided that I would decorate our mantel this year.

I have these black branches that are secured in sand and black rocks that I keep up year round on the mantel, I decided to get some Cherry blossoms and attach them to the branches (I just layed them long the branches), then I added the hanging eggs.  I used a 3M clear hook and attached it to the glass and hung the Happy Easter sign.

I absolutely fell in love with this chocolate plastic bunny and the ceramic pink bunny that is holding the M & M's....the metal pink bunny was too cute to pass up.

I got the silver "W" at Goodwill for $1.00 (for Webb), the picture frame also a TJ Maxx score, I put a little square mirror inside it in place of a photo.  I added chocolate and pink ribbon to the "Family" sign (also from TJ Maxx), the white candle and the glass jar that contains my wine corks.  The white candle also received some cherry blossoms.

The sign hanging in the middle of the mirror - is the only thing I'm not sure I love in that placement.  Something is missing???

All in all I love what I purchased.  I spent a total of $50.00.  Gotta love it!!! 

I linked up with




2 comments:

DIYbyDesign said...

Your Easter mantle is absolutely beautiful. I love everything you have done. I am your latest follower. I would love for you to come and check out my blog and follow me back at www.diybydesign.blogspot.com. Thanks so much.

How Sweet It Is-A lifestyle blog said...

I love the chocolate bunny.

www.nuestrasaventurasentexas.com