Our Home

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Missing in action - part two

Happy Wednesday everyone. Sorry I haven't posted anything in a couple of weeks. So much going on. Our little guy turned three on Monday so we celebrated his birthday on sunday stay tuned for all that fun.

Yesterday 5/17 - I went in to have my gall bladder removed. After my ER visit a month ago I was having some mild attacks and so I went to talk with a surgeon last week and he agreed 85% that my gallbladder should come out. So I got to the hospital at 9:30 am. We sat in the waiting room for 45 minutes before the took me to pre-op. Once at pre-op they got me all gowned up and then the waiting began. Surgery was scheduled for 11:45. At noon they still had not come and got me. So Brett inquired and they were running behind. They finally came and took me the pre-surgery room around 12:30. Hooked me up to an IV, doctor came in and talked to me and then the drug doctor (don't try to have me spell it...lol). Finally it was time almost 2 hours past my scheduled time. Nothing like keeping your nerves on edge.

They rolled me down this long hallway that had surgery room after surgery room (it was NOTHING like Grey's Anatomy). They had me move over onto the surgical table, they started the drugs and that's all I remember.

I woke up in the recovery room around 5:30pm. Dr. told Brett it's a good thing he took it out as it was inflamed & infected and he did find some stones which they hadn't seen in the ultrasound a month ago, they are sending it all to labs. Since I do not do well waking up from surgery, they decided to keep me over night to keep an eye on me as I was in alot of pain, had extremely low blood pressure and was quite pale.

They released me today around 1pm 5/18. It's good to be home. Hopefully now I can get some sleep. I'm on my way to recovery.

I'm hoping to return to blog land later this week. Thanks for your patience.

Happy Day - Heather

No comments: